There are many reasons for choosing a puppy from Frontier Pets, including:
- Frontier Pets helps owners find the best breed for their lifestyle.
Pet store visits ensure compatibility. Frontier Pets customers have the convenience of easily visiting the store as many times as necessary to physically interact with their prospective pet, and ensure compatibility and a responsible choice. Do you have allergies and require a specific breed? Does your lifestyle mean you need a small or large dog, or that an active or less-active breed would suit you best? Frontier Pets offers a wide choice of breeds that may not be available from shelters, rescues or private breeders. Due to this service, Frontier Pets may be your best choice for finding the breed you prefer.
- Frontier Pets provides healthy puppies.
All of our puppies come vet checked prior to Frontier Pets receiving them. After purchase all puppies receive a complimentary veterinarian exam at Cheyenne Pet Clinic.
The preeminent study by Cornell University of Veterinary Medicine on the health of puppies from various sources demonstrates, on average, pet store puppies are as healthy as, or healthier than, those from any other source.
- Most Pet Stores and our licensed breeders for puppies are regulated at the state and federal level.
Pet stores and breeders are the most regulated sources of pets.
All of Frontier Pets’s licensed and local breeders have a limited warranty that Frontier Pets provides with every puppy purchase. Pet stores and their licensed breeders must comply with federal, state and local laws including care standards, veterinary treatment, socialization and exercise requirements, among other things. Private breeders, rescues, and internet sellers have little to no regulation or oversight at all.
- All of Frontier Pets’s puppies are micro-chipped before purchase with AKCReunite.org, the most recognized frequency, which insures that our chips can be read even over seas for our military customers. We will register the chip in your name at the time of purchase or will provide you with the information to self-register if you would prefer. It is extremely important to register your puppies microchip.
- Frontier Pets provides consumer protection and satisfaction.
Frontier Pets is an accountable, traceable source for pets. An overwhelming majority of pet stores provide warranties on the dogs they sell, often backed up by specific legal requirements. These laws frequently don’t apply to other sources of animals, so Frontier Pets customers enjoy the same great protection that we have offered over the last 40 years!
- Pet stores address declining pet populations.
Many shelters and rescues are now importing dogs from other states and foreign countries to fill the demand. Without pets, there no long term companions. With mandatory spay and neuter laws, shelter populations will continue to shrink. If consumers are limited to a shelter-only population, where will pets come from in the future?
- Pet stores are not the source of unwanted pets in shelters.
The National Council on Pet Population Study and Policy report found that 96 percent of relinquished pets came from somewhere other than a pet store, and 70 percent of the time the reasons owners relinquish a dog or cat to a shelter could have been prevented with consumer education. Most pets in shelters were acquired for less than $300, most free.
- Frontier Pets helps build the local economy.
Frontier Pets is a family owned and operated business. We give back to the community and support many local charities and schools. Reputable pet stores, like ours, are established businesses in the community. We bring steady tax revenue and build the local economy by purchasing: supplies, veterinary services, grooming, day care, and support other local businesses whenever possible.
- Pet store bans can open underground markets.
Preventing responsible pet stores, such as ours, from selling pets opens the door to an underground, unregulated markets and scams. While pet sale bans frequently begin with dogs and cats, other animals can and will be added to the list of banned pets. Frontier Pets is pro-choice, and feels that YOU should have the right to choose where your companion comes from. Those who truly care about the welfare of animals work to raise standards of care and eliminate pet providers who don’t maintain acceptable standards. Blanket pet sale bans do not advance the standards of care for pets.
- Frontier Pets relies on customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is paramount in any successful business. Frontier Pets facilitates the pet ownership experience, relying on repeat customer business and customer satisfaction. Providing healthy, well-socialized pets is not only the right thing to do, it is a good business decision.